Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Bionic Book Worm This weeks top 5 Tuesday topic is bookish pet peeves. This list is actually pretty easy because I have several book-related pet peeves.
1. Dog-earring pages – I absolutely can’t stand dog eared pages. I would never dog-ear my own books or someone else’s. So when other people do it I get mad. There are some really cool bookmarks out there, get one!
2. Lending a book but never getting it back – I’ve gotten to the point where I will only lend books to people I know will return them.
3. Writing/Highlights in a book – for some people this isn’t a problem, but I don’t like it. That’s what post-its are for.
4. Dirty fingerprints on pages – please do not eat and touch my books! Wipe your hands first please! I can’t stand dirty fingerprints on pages in a book.
5. Trying to start conversations when I’m clearly deep into a book – okay, it’s not hard to tell when someone is really into a book and shouldn’t be disturbed. Unless it’s important, it can wait.